Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hungary Week 4


Hey everyone!

These past two weeks have been the craziest two weeks of my life.  The work is going, my companion is awesome, the language is still hard, but coming and I am just loving life.

When I arrived in Veszprém, which already has a reputation for being a hard area, we really didn't have much going on.  The reputation comes from some bad missionaries who served here and made some bad decisions.  Those missionaries just made it more difficult to make relationships quick.  There was a lot of attempts to find those ready for the gospel, but it really wasn't giving us much.  It was looking kind of down, but it is coming now!  We have some new investigators that are making us really excited and we are simply hoping to help them.  We teach English and that is where these two have come from so we will see where the Lord will take it.

Elder Knight is one of my best friends already.  We have so much in common it is kind of creepy, but I like it!  We didn't seem to get along amazingly from day one, but just over time we have become so close.  He, along with the Lord, has taught me so much over these past few weeks.  I think the biggest thing that I have learned is just the concept of relationships.  Missionary work is simply relationships.  Before my mission I feel like I was who I was and I clung to certain people.  That is not what life is about.  We are here to live and love everyone.  I just have truly had my eyes opened and I see just the good in things.  It really makes life happier and easier.

Last Monday I took a trip to Budapest for some new missionary training.  It was so strange, but awesome to see everyone from the MTC once again.  It felt like no time has passed.  We met with the mission president and discussed his vision for Hungary.  We are truly meant to change this country and bring some happiness to this people.  All I can say is that I can't wait.  Lives are changing already, I can't even imagine how many lives will be changed by the end of this adventure.

There is one other thing that I really have learned since being here and it is the relax.  A mission is two years and I think a lot of people feel like they are just going to be serious for every minute.  I am sure some people can do that, but that most definitely is not me.  It is okay to smile, have fun and joke.  This really is the best two years and it is what you make it, make it amazing.  The sooner people realize you are a real person, the sooner they will listen.

The key is just to make the most of every moment.  Love it all.

Nelson elder

No comments:

Post a Comment