Monday, October 22, 2012

Hungary Week 12

Hey everyone!

I am a lucky man this week.  I discovered I am serving in Veszprém for another transfer.  That is another 6 weeks of miracles in one of my favorite cities in the world.  The only weird thing is the other companionship is leaving!  Bowen elder and I are going to be the only missionaries here in Veszprém.  As if our work wasn't crazy enough, we have now inherited the other missionaries work.  Anything is possible with the Lord though.

This week Bowen elder and I had the wonderful opportunity to set two new baptismal dates for two wonderful children.  This last transfer, we really focused on strengthening the members in which already exist here in Veszprém on top of our task of bringing new investigators into the waters of baptism.  We were working to re activate those who fell away from the church and we happened to run into two wonderful families.  These two families both had a younger child who was not yet baptized.  We are now working with these two families to help their children be baptized in the first week of December.

We still have a lot of other people that we are hoping to help make steps towards the Savior.  We are hoping to turn their faith to actions through helping them in the basics of reading the scriptures, praying and going to church.  It is funny how there is always at least one of these factors missing when an investigator feels unsure.  If one can just understand these three things, they will understand why we are baptized.

So many things happen in the mission.  The funny experiences to the experiences where you are just scared for your life, but the most amazing thing to happen is what happens overtime.  As each day passes I  find myself more and more lost in my hopes and dreams for these people.  I have always heard that it is only when we lose ourselves in the service of others that we truly find ourselves.  It hasn't been until now that I fully understood the divinity of that statement.

For all those reading, make this week great!  Everyday is a new day and life is what we make it.

Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment