Monday, September 17, 2012

Hungary Week 7

This week has been crazy to say the least. A new companion, new steps in the area, and just more adventures once again.

So more about the new companion! Bowen elder is an exceptional lad from American Fork Utah. He is honestly one of the hardest workers I have ever encountered. I really feel like we are going to see some miracles happen together, I just can't wait. He is super young for a senior companion because he hasn't even been out for a year, but he is already spectacular at the language. He came here from serving with the only Hungarian in the mission, so I am pretty excited to learn from him. I guess we will see what happens.

My language is coming, just pretty slow. I am working hard and I am starting to understand more and more, but it is still a challenge. I can communicate, just not always grammatically correct. Most importantly, I am starting to be able to develop relationships with the people. I was stressing about the language in the MTC, but in all honesty, being the best speaker doesn't necessarily mean you will be the best missionary. I am just going to give it my best and work as hard as I can at the language, but I know that I may not ever be the best speaker in the mission. What matters to me is that I am giving it my all and giving it all to the Lord.

K is truly doing so great. She is already striving to be the best missionary she can be. Her husband hasn't heard much about what we believe and she is just so eager to find out how to share the gospel with him. Her baptism is still set for October 6th and it is wonderful to see her gigantic smile when we bring up the date. 

Last week was just crazy, picking up Bowen elder in Budapest, seeing Knight elder in the office, spending the beginning of the week with the other missionaries and doing the most csak Magyarul I have since MTC. I also hit my 4 month mark yesterday. My mission is going by too fast, I am already 1/6 done. This is the time I have been waiting for my whole life and it is going by way too fast. 

Never let a moment pass by though. I let too many by before my mission looking forward to the future. It is good to look forward, but don't forget to love the moments in which make up everyday. Love every moment and just don't stress. Life is truly what you make it, make it awesome.

Nelson elder

No comments:

Post a Comment