Monday, February 11, 2013

Hungary Week 28



Hey everyone!

What an eventful week.  There is only one more full week with my stud of a companion, Gould elder, so I better make it count!  We are being so blessed for our determination and work, I just can't help but smile.

The next few weeks will be ones to remember.  I will see my first baptism in two weeks back in Veszprém, the week after that I will be able to see our investigator in the waters of baptism here in Szombathely, the man and his wife will be married after his surgery tomorrow and we will see him into the waters of baptism shortly after and the list goes on and on (or so we hope).  I am just smiling every step of the way.

Elder Gould got sick with some kind of cold this week though.  He was a trooper for so long, but it was pretty bad.  He pushed through most of Saturday, but when Sunday hit he got worse.  We made it to church and the two programs following church, but I realized that he just needed to get home and rest.  So with the help of the other elders, we went on splits, Elder Gould got his rest and we were still able to take part in a family home evening with a local part member family.  Good news is that rest was exactly what Gould elder needed.  He woke up this morning feeling much better.  We are holding a family home 
evening tonight, but other than that Gould elder is going to rest and get ready to make this week one to remember.

We had such an amazing experience this week that I would love to share.  We had a fairly open day and so as we prayed, we were prompted to go tracting or simply put, go door to door.  We searched the map and prayerfully determined where the Lord wanted us to go.  We tracted for the next two hours straight not to hand out a single Book of Mormon.  As it was, we were a little surprised due to the promptings in which we received.  To our surprise, as soon as we left the building, we ran into 4, almost consecutive, people who gratefully accepted a Book of Mormon, including an employee at a local candy shop (She gave us some goodies and we gave her a Book of Mormon).  To our surprise, once again, we received the prompting to go tracting AGAIN later that night between 
8-9 p.m.  We had a few good conversations and gave our information to a few people, but we didn't find much success.  As we were walking to and from the ten story buildings, we were able to run into 3 more extremely open people.

I just found it so interesting.  We just happened to be in the right place at the right time.  We were prompted to go tracting, but maybe it wasn't the Lords intention for us to find those people as we tracted.  I wouldn't say it is because "tracting doesn't work."  I believe it just happened like this so we could be in the right place at the right time.  Sometimes we are called to a work with another purpose in mind.  It just brings to surface the importance of always looking for the unexpected.

Every day is an adventure.  There is always something unexpected waiting around the corner.  We knock many doors, speak to countless people on the street, teach English like one may in a school, meet with and strengthen countless members, but in the end my daily life is so much more.  I do all I do to find that one person that is waiting for this amazing message to change their lives.  I just couldn't be more humbled and grateful for the opportunities I have received and the lives I have been able to witness CHANGE.  There is no greater joy than this.

Make this week great!

Sok szeretettel,
Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment