Monday, February 4, 2013

Hungary Week 27


Hey everyone,

Another great week in Hungary.  We have just been working hard and the Lord is helping us see some miracles!  Things are just growing step by step and I am sure that we are going to look back and smile.  I had the opportunity to experience some amazing and unique things this week though, the question is where to begin?

First of all, I was on the radio!  There is a member here in Szombathely that works at a radio station and I was talking to her about how we would like to build up our English class.  We hold a weekly English class in every large city in Hungary to provide some service for the people and give the people a non-intimidating place to ask about our church.  Well, this member thought about it and eventually invited us to go to her radio station and do a broadcast with her.  I, along with another missionary, went on the radio with her and shared our message.  It was so amazing!

We also heard some rough news about our investigator on baptismal date.  His foot infection got worse to the point of it bursting.  He is in a lot of pain, but he is still fighting to get the surgery done as soon as possible so he can fulfill his desire and his wife's desire of finally being baptized.  I am just in aw watching this amazing man fight for the wonderful goal of baptism.

We had such an amazing experience this week.  We have worked hard for the past couple weeks leading up to this week in which we were able to fill up almost each day with programs.  I use almost because each day was full with the exception of Thursday.  We were expecting to have a day simply of finding, but we both had the prompting to call a few people.  Long story short, we set up with two women, one who just lost her job and didn't know where to turn that day and a previous investigator who ended up bringing her neighbor as a referral.  I don't know if I have ever felt more humbled. 

It has just been such a wonderful experience being here in Hungary.  I have only been here for 8 1/2 months, but I have learned so many priceless lessons.  On top of that, I have had the opportunity to see so many miracles.  We were able to put another woman on a baptismal date this week and I have just received word that the kid from Veszprém is still pushing for his baptismal date on February 22. 

I finally understand what the Lord meant by "finding yourself" when you are "lost" in the cause.  All I can do is smile. 

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Sok szeretettel,
Elder Jake M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment