Monday, September 9, 2013

Hungary Week 58


Hey everyone! 

Things are great down here, I am just getting fed so much by the people I am meeting with.  We will see what happens, but all I know is that I have never eaten so much in my life.  Hungarians like to feed people, just A LOT.  Other than that, Elder Miller and I are excited to stay together.  We are already like brothers and there are a lot of people to be baptized this transfer, so I am sure these 9 weeks will be over before we know it!

I don't have much time to email, but we had some amazing experiences this week!  My favorite was on the day of transfers!  We didn't go to Budapest because we are staying in Szeged, so we hit the streets.  We were looking for a concentration of college students so we could talk to some of them, but after an hour of searching, we started heading back to the Tisza river where our car was parked. 

Puzzled by the fact that we couldn't find the area we heard about, we decided to try a building along the river.  As we approached an adorable older woman that was coming in as well unlocked the door for us.  To our surprise, we walked into a dome of apartments.  There were 85 apartments in this secluded complex overlooking the river.  One of the most beautiful views I have ever seen.  

In that building, it was full of AMAZING people, from an older woman who did embroidery for the pope to super successful students in the fields of music and medicine.  It was just a little miracle, but most definitely one to remember.

We also had a great "Mission Leadership Council" on Friday.  The work is going so well here in Szeged and Hungary.  I am excited to see what the near future holds for these wonderful people.

I wish I could share more, but I will have to save it for next week, but until then!  

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment