Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hungary Week 64

Hey everyone!
So we just got the news and it looks like I am leaving Szeged.  I had no idea this was coming.  The missionaries have transfers every 9 weeks now, but there was a surprise mini transfer due to missionaries going home mid transfer.  I thought we were staying because it wasn't supposed to effect the Zone Leaders, but I guess the Lord had other plans.  
We were playing soccer this morning and I got a call telling me I am headed to Dunaújváros with Elder Jones.  It was exciting, but very hard to hear.  We just had 2 baptisms, but yesterday and last week we gave some more people baptismal dates, making a total of 12 people with baptismal goals right now.  I thought I would see some of those baptisms before the end of the transfer, but it looks like I am needed somewhere else.  
I am excited to head to Dunaújváros and help the work there.  I will be Zone Leader over 2 of my previous areas, Veszprém and Pécs.  There are some special people in those areas and it will be fun to help build up the work in my new zone.  
Elder Jones is the happiest guy you could EVER meet.  He is one group above me in the mission and the biggest teddy bear.  I am sure our time together will be full of laughs and smiles.  We are put together not only for the South-West Zone, but to light the work on fire in Dunaújváros.  It is smaller and has been having a harder time, so I am excited to see what miracles that are bound to happen.  
The mission really is one of a kind.  I am so grateful for this opportunity and all of the opportunities I have received this far.  Today I have had to say goodbye to my investigators, friends and those I love here in Szeged, but I know this is just an opportunity to make more miracles happen.  I am so grateful for my mission and I know with every end comes a new beginning.  
I will let you know what the next chapter of my mission is like next week, but never forget to keep smiling.  Life is good!
Sok szeretettel, 
Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment