Monday, January 27, 2014

Hungary Week 78

HEY!!!

Sorry if my email is a little shorter this week.  There is some computer problems with the place we are emailing, but I still want to share a miracle or 2!

I had quite a week full of ups, downs and blessings.  The beginning was a little more interesting.  In one day, a strange man answered his door naked and later I saw him by his apartment complex and he grabbed my bottom!  Elder Jones got in the way of me turning around and hitting him, but needless to say, interesting beginning to the week.  The spirit must have helped us out in that situation!

The Lord blessed us after our interesting experience though!  We were able to find some really amazing people and meet more of that AMAZING family from Michigan.  They are SO prepared and these things are the perfect help for them.  It was very needed considering 4 of the 5 people at church 2 weeks ago were sick with the flu, not including the additional 3-4 investigators with the flu.  So we weren't able to meet with all our amazing investigators, but due to our effective finding, our work is going to bounce back to even better than before.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I had a great split with Elder Alldredge.  He was a very good friend of mine in the MTC and it was refreshing catching up on things and see the changes we have made since being in the mission field.  He was up in Budapest and I went up with him.  It was a "Sons of Mosiah" experience for me, I was just so happy to see him sticking strong to the gospel and see where he is now. 

I have been able to reflect on my mission a lot lately.  I am nothing but so happy about the work and the standard I set for myself from the first day of my mission and I intend on nothing other than achieving newer heights and greater things before my time as a missionary quickly passes.  I have been so blessed and the Lord just gives me a greater and greater testimony that this is His work.  The Lord gives us vision, but the application is placed all upon the person.  Looks like I have a lot of work to do, so I better get working fast!


I love you all!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment