Monday, February 10, 2014

Hungary Week 80

OH MY GOSH!

This was a legendary week and one of the most blessed weeks of my mission and my life.  Our fasting and prayers were answered MULTIPLE times, we set many new baptismal dates with the future youth of this branch, I was able to make miracles with missionaries from our zone on splits and I am just floating on cloud 9 just thinking about all that is waiting for us in the not too distant future!  This truly is the time of the harvest and we are going to rock the city and zone before this transfer ends!  It is just hard to express my joy in words right now!

To start, I had an amazing split experience with Elder R, a missionary serving in my first area, Veszprém.  He is just a great young missionary in our zone.  He reminded me of myself when we went tracting here in Duna as he just sat on the edge of his seat ready to jump in and testify of the divinity of our message.  I started the split with the classic question, "What do you want to get out of our split?"  He looked at me and said, "I want to become a bolder missionary when meeting new people to teach."  Well, we did it!
We started the day with a 2 hour tracting block and found an amazing woman.  She opened the door with a smile and let us right in.  We went in and shared with her the restoration and our conversion stories.  She then accepted a return appointment so we could give her a copy of the Book of Mormon.  2 days later, when we went back, Elder Jones and I put her on baptismal date for April 5th.  I called Elder R right after and I could just hear the joy in his voice. He went into district meeting right after talking to me on the phone and was able to share his experience with his district.  I still get goose bumps thinking about it!

Another cool thing happened in result of splits, except this one is in regards to my splits with Elder Brown two weeks ago!  This weekend, Elder Jones and I were able to put R and L, two awesome girls around the age of 20, on baptismal date for March 15 along with I, the woman Elder Brown and I put on baptismal date.  When I was on splits with Elder Brown, we prayed about where to go at the late hour of 7:30 and we were prompted to go streeting.  When I parked, I saw R and L in the distance.  We were able to walk them home and teach them about the standards of the church (The Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity).  They were so excited to hear this!  To finish, we were able to offer a prayer for R's sick grandmother.  Long story short, these two girls continued in prayer and the grandmother was released this last weekend from the hospital!  
Well, we heard all of this on Saturday!  They came to our branch Farsang party (similar to Halloween) and we were able have a bunch of fun.  I was dressed up as a nerd and Elder Jones was dressed up as an archer.  After spending a little time playing the games with the branch, we pulled a member and the girls aside and were able to have an amazing program with them.  We talked about the power of prayer, the changes repentance can bring and the gift of baptism.  We gave them a baptismal date and L her own copy of the Book of Mormon.  We left with huge smiles that only got bigger when we saw them holding the Book of Mormon praying with gratitude in the parking lot.

I called Elder Brown and he was just so excited to hear.  I then encouraged him to help É, one of his baptismal dates, get ready for March 15 as well so he can come back for some baptismal interviews with the people we helped come closer to Christ on splits.  I can hardly wait!


I don't have much time, but I have an AMAZING last experience to share about M, an awesome 18 year old girl we meet with.  We met with her family a couple weeks ago and gave her a Book of Mormon and shared the promise in it.  Since then, it has been hard to get a hold of her, but a week ago, from today, she called!  We were able to meet her while she was here in Duna.  We met her at a small restaurant and she poured out all the miracles she had experienced since we met!  
She tried the promise and with the biggest smile, she looked at us and said, "I got the peace and happiness you were talking about!"  Elder Jones and I couldn't help but freak out in joy.  She then said, "This weekend I had a dream and I was baptized while wearing white." 
Elder Jones and I dropped our jaws, not only because that is an AMAZING experience, but because we began a fast on SATURDAY NIGHT.  We put her on baptismal date on spot for March 15.  My heart is just so full of gratitude!
Miracles happen I tell you!  All it takes is a little faith!
Have a great week everyone!  Make a miracle!
Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment