Monday, April 14, 2014

Hungary Week 89

Hey everyone! 

It has been quite a week to remember.  It has been one that has had its ups and downs.  We, as a companionship, took the time to center our efforts more on the Savior and His will.  We strived to involve Him more in our finding and teaching.  The crowning moment was on Sunday as we invited many church members to fast with us for the hastening of the missionary work here in Érd.  On Sunday, the Lord answered our prayers and we saw 7 investigators at church and nearly all of them were in tears at one point or another during our testimony meeting.  We have decided to keep the spirit of the fast and continue to fast every Sunday until we see our first baptism together.  It is going to be wonderful!

Elder Hall and I also did all we could to improve whether in obedience, intentions, goals and many other aspects.  It was a humble experience seeing the change the Lord brings into our lives due to obedience and diligence.  We were able to witness in church the announcement of one of our investigators baptism.  He made the decision after sacrament meeting and during gospel principles; he shared his thoughts on the gospel of Jesus Christ and told the class that he is going to be baptized.  

Outside of that, we had the opportunity to have one of our investigators we recently put on baptismal date share her testimony with us as we walked her home after family home evening.  She asked us how we are going to have family home evening after I leave and I simply told her that she will be able to receive callings to hold activities like this.  We helped her see the vision that our goal is to have the members supporting the other members, not just the missionaries.  She sounded very excited!

It has just been a huge testimony builder for me to see the miracles I have. I am just so grateful for my mission; it is just going by way too fast.  I will trust in the Lord though.  He really does know best.

On a sad note, I felt the prompting to stop my work out before finishing today and while walking back to our apartment, we ran into a friend of one of our baptismal dates.  He lived in the building next to us, but we received word that he passed away.  Elder Hall and I just didn't know what to think, but all I can say is that I am grateful that he started gaining a testimony of these things when he did.  I am so grateful for the plan of salvation.

Everything is going great; I am just trying to sprint to the end.  The Lord has blessings in store and I can't wait to receive them.  I am a blessed man!  How can I not smile at a moment like this?

Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment