Monday, May 19, 2014

Last Week in Hungary

Dear everyone,

Words cannot even begin to describe what I am thinking and feeling right now.  It is the weirdest feeling to know that 2 years has just flown by and it only feels like a few seconds.  All I can say is that I am so grateful.  SO SO grateful.

My last week was nothing but miracles.  I was able to baptize K, an amazing girl that Elder Hall and I met with at the beginning of our time together.  She was glowing and as I pulled her out of the water, her face just lit up with a beautiful smile.  She got dressed, headed upstairs and said to us all, "Can we do it again?!"  It was a beautiful moment.

We worked hard, Elders Sterri and Hall, along with me and we made some amazing memories.  We had a little farewell party for me at English class and on Sunday after the meetings, the Érd branch surprised me with a going away party.  They gave me the gifts and I got a little teary eyed when the entire primary came up to me with hugs, just asking me not to go.  

As hard as it is, I am just so grateful to know that I have given all my heart to these people.  I am going home with no regrets and with the knowledge that I became the man that the Lord needed me to be.  I will miss this people though.

I will miss their hearts and their wonderful spirits.  This really is a small piece of heaven and I know the Lord called me here for these people.  I was able to call an investigator I baptized a year ago to say goodbye and she just lit up when my voice came on the line.  At the end of our conversation, with a shaky voice, she told me that if all I did while I was here was find her, that my mission was worth it.  

The mission is anything and everything you make it.  If you spend your mission chasing your dreams, you will wake up one day to realize that you have been living your dreams all along.  The mission is a miracle and has given me so much.  Words cannot describe the gratitude I feel for my mission.

To finish, I would like to bear my testimony that I know that Christ is our savior.  He is the key to happiness and has made happiness possible through His church.  This is His kingdom on the earth today and if we become those who practice their faith, we will be so grateful and will never be disappointed.  We will receive all the blessings that our Heavenly Father is just waiting to give us.  

I have a strong testimony of obedience.  Through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, we slowly unlock the door to happiness through the blessings of our Father.  

I also have a testimony of laughing.  Obedience, the gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation are all meant to lead us to an endless fountain of joy.  If we are living the gospel, the evidence thereof will be the joy in our heart and the smile on our faces.  If we have not simply gone through the movements, but have become who the Lord can make us, we will be exposed to an uncontrollable smile and bottomless laughter.  

In these past 2 years, I have not only been a missionary, but I have become.  As I am now, I have walked in my Saviors shoes in word and deed.

The church is true.  This is His work.  I LOVE MY MISSION!

Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment