Wednesday, June 20, 2012

heti öt (week 5)


This week was the hardest by far.  I guess after a good week a difficult one is just bound to come, but everyday is only as good as you make it. 
I learned the valuable lesson of not leaving unresolved problems this week haha.  I'll start from the beginning.  Each and everyday at the MTC is wonderful, but the exact same.  Days just start to blend into one and you lose track of which day it is so quick.  The only thing tying each one of the elders and sisters to the outside world is their posta.  It comes twice a day, so when you get some posta, you can't help but freak out with excitement.  That happened last Wednesday, until I read the inside.  This was nem jo posta (no good mail).  It was a friend that was less than happy with me.  My immediate response was to reach for my non-existent phone and call the person until I realized that it was non- existant.  I then thought of writing, which luckily I could because it was still my personal day.  One piece of advice for any and all pre-missionaries who may be reading this, DO NOT LEAVE THINGS UNSAID.  Weirdly, life goes on while you are on your mission, but that's the fun part too.
If that wasn't rough enough, I woke up Friday night in sweats while my stomach was killing me.  I woke up at 4 am and I didn't get back to sleep.  It was so bad that I had to miss out on the missionary work of the day.  That night I was blessed though.  I felt the prompting to get out of bed, despite the stabbing pains in my stomach.  As I got up, my stomach still hurt, but I then felt another prompting to go to my night class at 6 pm.  So I put on my church cloths and with patient Gould elder, I made my way to class.  That night my district and I had one of the most spiritually eye opening meetings.  It was amazing.  When I got back to the residence, my pains returned.  The Lord is already lifting me in my weakness!  I had to do some tests with the doctor to see what is wrong, but I will keep you all informed.
Then, the worst was realizing how much I miss my supportive family and friends.  As me and Gould elder sat down for companionship inventory, basically a companion heart to heart, we began to talk about what we missed most.  I realized it was the support my family and friends give me in my time of need.  In times like I'm experiencing right now.  With that being said, I know I am here for a reason.  I am where the Lord needs me to be.  It's surreal, hard, fun, crazy and all worth it.  I haven't even seen the Magyarok (Hungarian people) yet and I already love them all.  That's how I get through all of this and how missionary work changes lives, love.
Well, on a happier note, this week was an awesome week to be zone leader.  Not only did I get to welcome a new group of missionaries going to Micronesia Guam into our zone, but I also got to see off the Hungarian ussi (ancients).  I had so many good friends in this district going to Hungary, including the fellow Salemite, Victoria Fox.  It was so hard to put them on a bus and not jump on with them, but hey, only 6 more weeks!  I'm half way there, just living on a prayer.  The MTC is so szap, but I am just getting to antsy to get to Hungary. 
For now I'm just making the most out of every moment, the MTC and every experience.  I love these people I will be serving with.  I just know that there are people in Hungary waiting for a relationship with their Heavenly Father.  I am going to give them that.
Lesson of the day, "Obedience brings blessings.  Exact obedience makes miracles." 
Love the family, love the Lord, love life, love the Magyarok.
Nelson elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment