Wednesday, June 6, 2012

három hete (week 3)

I am so glad to be able to write right now!  I have so much that has happened in this past week it's crazy.  I don't even know where to begin.

This last Tuesday, the English speaking missionaries that we came in with left and are now well into their first transfers as missionaries.  I am so jealous!  Growing up, all you wish is to get this super awesome mission that makes people super shocked.  Now that I did get a crazy mission with a crazy language, the story is different.  I know I am meant to serve in Hungary and I'm so excited for it, but at the same time I wish I could be out and telling others about this wonderful gospel right NOW.

On top of that, our "ussi," (Hungarian for ancients) or the older group of Hungarian missionaries are leaving in a week and a half.  They are currently in their "consecration week" which is the week in the MTC where they are only allowed to speak Hungarian.  These missionaries get to go to Hungary in 1 1/2 weeks when I have 8 to go, no fair.

Although I'm super excited, I'm also nervous beyond  belief.  I love the people already and I feel ready to tell everyone about the wonderful message of the restoration, but not in Hungarian.  I guess I just didn't realize how difficult it really is to speak another language in the matter of a few weeks as a missionary.  The freaky thing is in 8 weeks I'm going to have people that are relying on me to share the gospel with them.  Peoples lives are going to be in my hands and I can barley introduce myself now.  The scariest part is not being able to see the end of the tunnel.

I think the thing I have learned the most so far has been my need to rely on the Lord.  I have had times after a horrible lesson when everything falls apart, I don't understand what the investigators saying, me and my companion aren't communicating well, or just the fact that me or my companion do not remember how to say anything in Hungarian, when my heart is just broken.  It just brings tears to my eyes and makes me question, "Why Hungary?  Why me?" 

I just want to bear my testimony that I know that God listens to each and every one of us.  He knows our struggles, hopes and fears.  I know that he will provide a way for us to accomplish the things in which he asks of us.  Our Heavenly Father would never put us through anything we couldn't handle.  Although I can't even see myself speaking fluent Hungarian now, I know the Lord will provide a way.  I know that anything is possible through my Savior.

My district is so funny.  They are the self proclaimed jokesters.  In good and bad ways, they always have to bring the party.  Today the entire district stood outside the doors where the new missionaries as the self proclaimed welcoming committee.  When a fresh missionary came out we attacked with "WHERE YOU GOING ELDER?!"  I'm telling you, the goofiest guys you would ever meet are in my district and I love them all. 

This week I did my last preparatory English lesson, it was depressing how well it went because I know that it won't be in English for 2 years!  Breaking my heart.

Either way, love the mission, love the family, loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment