Monday, March 11, 2013

Hungary Week 32



Hey everyone!

I wonder how much it would throw you all off if I just started my email with, "This week was TERRIBLE!"  Too bad I can't this week; yes it was another great week!  We worked hard and saw some miracles, how could it not be a good week? 

This week was so much fun, it was my birthday, I cried like a baby during my spiritual message in English class, we were finding with each and every spare moment, I was able to meet up with my old investigator from Veszprém to meet with his mom in the nearby city of Szentgotthárd, and I had my first lesson before a church service at 7:45 in the morning!  Sounds like a party of a week huh?

The birthday was so absolutely great.  We had many investigator programs, a sweet church member invited us over to surprise us with pizza and an adorable little present for me, and I gave the spiritual message after teaching English class.  It was surprisingly harder to be away from home on the birthday than I thought it would be, but I still knew this is where I am meant to be.  I shared a small Mormon Message about enduring to the end and bore testimony that although it may be hard, like being away from loved ones on my birthday, this message is more than worth the hardships I may face.

This next week we are heading back to Veszprém for the baptisms of two of my old investigators.  I am so excited, the first baptisms of my mission!  I was even able to meet with one of the investigators being baptized this week in the small city of Szentgotthárd.  He was visiting his mom and he asked us to come with him to share this wonderful message with her.  It was so nice to see how far he has come and the desire he has to share it with those he loves.  My heart was just full as he told her how important these things are and I couldn't help but laugh at her néni friend talking about how delicious we looked.  

We worked hard this week and Elder Cutler is still going strong.  He is still speaking great, being funnier than ever and we are just smiling as we go.  I am a little concerned for my waist line because we are getting fed more and more as the weeks go by, but the mission only comes once and if I come home chubby it only means that I had good member relations.  

Have a great week everyone and keep smiling : )

Sok szeretettel,
Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment