Monday, March 4, 2013

Jake's Birthday Week!


Sok szeretettel köszöntelek mindenkit!

This week was probably the most memorable week I have had thus far.  We had an investigator share her conversion story with us a month before her baptism, I had a wonderful time in Sopron with my district and we held an English service of church for 9 African and Filipino exchange students studying at a college in Austria.

I am so excited for the end of this month because of the baptism of one of our investigators is coming up.  This adorable néni was met on the street and I think I already said before, but she is so amazing.  Within two weeks she read the first 3 books in the Book of Mormon and the index.  She has had such a hard life and in a moment of need, we found her.  This week as we met with her and another member, she shared of the hope we gave her.  I am just so grateful to be part of such an amazing work.  That is one of my fondest memories since being in the country.  I am so absolutely happy for her and I am so happy to witness her smile slowly growing.

Sopron is only an hour train ride north.  It is on the top of Hungary, right next to Austria.  We were there for a district meeting at the senior couple, the Flammers', house last Friday.  We had a great meeting and then to my surprise, they brought out a gigantic chocolate cake out for me!  It was so thoughtful and delicious.  It was a sugar filled, American, chocolate cake.  Just like being at home, it was so great.

Another highlight of the week, next to teaching at the Paragvári Általános Iskola and our wonderful investigator sharing her conversion story, was holding an English church service for 9 exchange students from Africa and the Philippines studying in Austria.  They wanted to experience Hungary, but the only possible day to come was on a Sunday, so we were invited by a former investigator to hold a "mass" for them.  Through the coordination of a former investigator, and with the help of the amazing senior couple in Sopron, the Flammers, we were able to hold a wonderful church service with singing, prayer and testimony.  We taught about the Savior, His love and our wonderful opportunity to build an even stronger relationship with Him through the scriptures and the Holy Ghost.  It was such a special experience.

I couldn't help but think about the hope and help this gospel gives us.  This being my birthday week, I have been thinking about what I would ask for.  In all honesty, I would ask that everyone I know and love could know about this wonderful message, to know that everyone would be safe in the comfort of this gospel.  I couldn't be in a better place and I have already received the greatest gift I could receive, this opportunity.

Elder Cutler is still a champ and is doing great.  Speaking like a profi and doing work.  


Have a great week everyone!  Smile for me : )

Szeretlek benneteket!

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment