Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hungary Week 34



Hey everyone!

I am just happy right now!  This week was a blast and just full of great experiences.  Many highlights of my mission came to pass this week and I am so excited to share them with you all! 

First of all, I headed back to Veszprém to baptize the most adorable girl in the world, Kriszti.  I worked with her mom a lot when I was in Veszprém after knocking on their door.  Her mom was baptized many years ago, but Kriszti was too young to be baptized as well.  Time went by and they fell away from contact with the Elders.  Well, I happened to tract into them just a month before Kriszti's 8th birthday last September and they have been meeting ever since.  We wanted to make sure this sweet little girl would be ready, so we set her baptismal date for March, giving her plenty of time to prepare.  I then promised her to come back on that wonderful day when she makes it there.  Well, her and her mom made it.  It brought tears to my eyes to see their smiles and that amazing little girl dressed in white. 


We had some amazing experiences with our investigator, Ági néni, as well.  She had her baptismal interview and passed with flying colors.  Our district leader came out just in awe, expressing how amazing she is.  She has made so many changes in her life and I couldn't be more excited for her.  The greatest part of it all is that she isn't only looking forward to her baptism, but to stepping into the doors of the temple a year from this Saturday.

I also feel honored to have been asked to baptize her this weekend.  It will be so fantastic, I can hardly wait.

The work is just going forth with so much strength.  Yesterday, we put another great man on baptismal date.  His name is Tamás and he is so awesome.  He stopped US on the street asking us to meet.  In his second program yesterday, he accepted a baptismal date for the month of May.  Our investigators are coming to church, enjoying these blessings and experiencing the joy there is in this gospel.

We also had district conference this last Sunday as well.  Members from the West end of Hungary all gathered here in Szombathely to hear an area authority speak to them.  This seventy from Holland, President Boone, spoke with so much power and authority.  He spoke of the blessings just waiting to be received in this gospel, how amazing the concept of invitation is and the joys of the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It touched one of our investigators preparing to be baptized soon, causing him to go up, talk to this man of God and in the end, HUG HIM.  It was so great to see.  I am just full of joy and gratefulness to be part of this work. 

With district conference, we had many cool opportunities, like teka bowling with our investigators and the youth, helping our investigators meet with more friends in the church and we also had some amazing Mexican food from the senior couple in Sopron.  It was a fun opportunity to mix and mingle with the members and their friends.


Well, we have come to the end of another transfer!  I am becoming an old missionary!  I was a little surprised by my transfer call though, Elder Cutler is leaving!  I am receiving a new companion here in Szombathely, Elder Brown.  Elder Brown is one of Elder Cutler's college buddies, so I have only heard good things, but I am going to miss Elder Cutler.  To every good thing there is an end though, I have nothing but faith that this will be a transfer to remember!

Another day another dollar!  I just can't even begin to express how happy and grateful I am.  This work is amazing and I couldn't be in a better place.  Let's see what the Lord has in store for us this next transfer!

Jó hetet!
Sok szeretettel,
Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment