Wednesday, July 25, 2012

10 hét (week 10)


FIVE DAYS!!!!!!  I'm so excited to finally go to the field!  It's finally here.  Don't get me wrong, I love the MTC, but I am excited to serve the people I love so much ALREADY. 

Consecration week was crazy!  It was so rough, but I could actually communicate.  I realized my biggest problem with the language though.  I am determined to tell stories about things I don't even know how to say.  Az nem jo, but it's all good.  Can't know until I try right?  An upside is that I began thinking in Hungarian!  My prayers just automatically go to Hungarian, a weird feeling, but awesome one at the same time.  It was also a great week for Gould elder and I.  We have just become so much closer it's ridiculous.  We talk more, teach better and just want the best for each other.  I'm so lucky to have him as my tarsam (companion).  Life is just so wonderful.

So I leave Monday at 1:30 for the airport in Salt Lake City!  I then fly at 4 to Paris, Chas De Galle.  Two hour layover and then Budapest here I come!  When we get there we are going to be picked up by the mission president and with our companions we will hit the street and hand out some Books of Mormon.  We will also get to see some of the sites in Budapest.  We stay the night in the mission home which will be awesome.  The next day we will get our companions and get shipped out to our first areas!  I'm so ridiculously excited I can't even handle it.  Oh and some bad news for those who are writing me, I only get mail every 6 weeks.  BUT!  I can write every P-Day so it's still a happy day!  Just let me know if you want me to write you consistently.
So my eyes were opened this week to what the gospel really is for.  It's not just a gospel for individuals, but for families.  I just have really come to understand this as I have pushed through these past couple weeks.  I know that my family is the reason why I wanted to go on my mission so bad.  I want more than anything in the world for them to know how much I know that my Savior lives.  This is not the Church of the Book of Mormon; it is the Church of Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon is here only to bring us to Christ.  To bring us to love others more.  To love our families more.  I know that I wouldn't be the man and missionary I am without my family. 

I already missed the birth of my nephew and I'm about to miss the birth of my niece.  It's so hard to realize that I'm going to get home and they won't even know "Uncle Jake," but I know this is the place I need to be.  This is where I need to be for my niece and nephew.  This is where I need to be for my family.  This is where I need to be for my Savior. 

It's my last Wednesday in America for a while so I'm going to give my testimony in English.  I know my Savior lives.  I know that this church is the most wonderful message to have touched the world.  It's so we can know our Savior.  It's so we can understand the why.  I know that miracles happen.  I know that I can make miracles happen in Hungary.  Lives change through the gospel.  Most importantly, I know my Savior died for me.  He knows me and he sees me hurt.  He sees and knows all of our hurt.  I know more than anything that through Him, we don't have to hurt.  Through Him, is a smile. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Szeretlek,
Nelson elder

No comments:

Post a Comment