Wednesday, July 11, 2012

nyolc hét (week 8)

Great week this week.
Being here for so long, you realize the importance of making the most of each and every second.  You see people who come in and just hate being here from day one and you also see the people who see this place as a refuge from a life that has been nothing but a struggle.  You make the MTC the greatest or worst experience, it is all dependent on you.  You come across people on all all ends of the spectrum when it comes to the gospel.  Those who have a testimony, but aren't converted in their actions.
I think this has been the hardest part of the MTC for me.  I came here expecting everyone ready to put everything they have got into the work.  I expected everyone to feel as passionate about the gospel as I am.  I guess I was wrong.  Some people come here not even knowing why.  Not even knowing the Book of Mormon from the Bible.  I think that is what I've learned the most as well, God loves all of his children no matter where they are on their path of life.  God really is our Heavenly Father and loves us and is looking after each one of us even when we aren't looking for Him.
This last week was interesting.  I got to step outside the MTC for a bit to go to the hospital for some tests on my stomach, which I passed with flying colors.  I got to see my brother there.  To remember how much I loved and missed him.  How much I love and miss my family, friends and all those I love so dearly.  It was a little rough, but at the same time I realized how blessed I am.  Not only blessed to have the family I have, but to be here.  I get to bring other families the truth I know.  I get to make more families eternal. 
Fun fact of the e-mail, the average age to lose your virginity in Hungary is 12.  That means people above and BELOW.  Csak fun fact.  Good thing I know the erkolcsi tisztasag (law of chastity). 
Either way, just know how much I love and pray for all of you who may be reading.  I appreciate all the mail, love and support. I know I am here for a reason and I can't wait to tell you all of the adventures in Hungary!
Sorry for the short entry! I will give the juicy details next week.
Nelson elder (Jake)

No comments:

Post a Comment