Friday, July 27, 2012

Letters about Jake

We were fortunate enough to have some insiders watching over our Jake while he was in the MTC.  
The first ones are friends of Patriarch and Sister Greeves from our stake and were keeping an eye on people from Salem for them. They are in the branch presidency of the branch that Jake is part of in the MTC and wrote an email to the Greeves, who then forwarded it to us, and here it is! 

Dear Ruth and Eldon,

On Mon, July 30, one of my favorite missionaries at the MTC leaves for his field of labor in Hungary.  It is Elder Nelson from Salem, OR.  (He's in the Turner Ward.)  Please let his parents know what a fine, young man he is and how well he has done at the MTC learning a very difficult language.  He is always happy, cheerful, and concerned about others. His smile lights up a room when he enters!  He shares his talents humbly--he sang a solo in our branch Sacrament Meeting last week and always is one of the first to share his testimony.  We will miss him but are so excited for his mission president to get such a wonderful missionary.  Thanks for passing this message along to his family. :)                  

 Love, Kathy

And here is another one! Autumn Papritz is in our ward and just finished serving in the same mission in Hungary.  She was in Utah and able to get us the scoop on Jake!

Sister Nelson! 

I went to the MTC today and saw JAKE! I was so lucky to be able to watch him teach a lesson in the TRC (where they practice teaching to returned missionaries). He did an INCREDIBLE job he is really a very impressive speaker and an amazing missionary.  You should be very proud. I was also able to be sneaky and get you a little video of him teaching! SURPRISE!! I hope you love it and I'm sure you will watch it hundreds of times.  It is too large to attach to the email, so I posted it on youtube:
They are teaching a returned missionary and that is his companion on the right and the "solo" sister in the middle, she was teaching with them. In the beginning there is some background talking, but then you can just hear Jake. Here is the translation of what he is saying:

"I am very grateful for my testimony and for you. There have been a lot of trials in my life and a lot of times I didn't know what to do, I just knew it was hard but I know that Jesus Christ loves us. He loves me and he loves you. He wants the best for us. He wants every blessing for us. I know that it is very important, I know that I don't speak very well in a short amount of time, but I know that through Christ everything is possible. I know everything I do is for Christ and Christ did this for every person on earth. We can know how to love and how we can give our love and show Christ's love. I know that Christ loves you."

The best part is, he was so sincere and really just spoke from the heart. I don't know if you can tell in the video, but he was emotional through most of it and there were little tears streaming down his face. The spirit was very strong. He did so good. We were able to talk afterwards and he is just SOOO excited to get to Hungary. He will do so great, don't you worry!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment