Monday, May 27, 2013

Hungary Week 43



Hello!
We had such a great week this week!  Just living life, smiling and finding, we saw so many great things.  I had a great split with another Elder, Elder Lynch, and Elder Bennett is just great.  How can I not smile at a time like this?
Things just had a way of falling into place and we were able to help many.  I think one of the largest epiphanies and miracles I saw this week was with an amazing investigator named Réka.  She has been meeting with the missionaries for such a long time, but making a big commitment like baptism is scary sometimes.  I felt inspired to ask her about "Why" it would be important to her to receive an answer about "The Book of Mormon."  She shared with us the happiness and truths she had received since meeting with us and she then recognized why it would be important to her to receive such an answer.  
This made me seriously reflect on myself and the "Why" of my mission.  The "Why" is truly what makes the difference in our lives.  If we understand our own personal "Why," than we have in our possession a drive to receive what we desire.
Whether we are actively religious or not, we all seem to have the same habit of turning to God in a time of distress and hardship.  Have you ever wondered why the Lord seems to answer, sometimes in the most profound ways, in such circumstances?  Of course it is because our Heavenly Father loves us and is always looking to help us, but I realized that in those points in my life where I found myself in need of help, I prayed with more purpose.  I understood the why of it all.
My mission and I am sure that every mission is great, but it isn't because I taught more people than some other missionary or saw more baptisms than some other people.  I have been so blessed in my mission to have helped many people, but I would still come home with a smile if the only person I helped was a struggling companion or if all I did was work as hard as I could while I was here.
It was a great week, like I said, and I am sure that this week will only be better.  Have a great week!
Sok szeretettel,
Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment