Monday, March 17, 2014

Hungary Week 85

Hey everyone!

Well, I have officially started my last transfer.  It feels so weird!  At times I still feel like I just gotten here, but at others I can hardly remember what life is like at home.  All I know is that I want to give this last transfer my everything.  I am training, so hopefully I can start my new missionary off with an absolute wonderland of missionary work that he will hold as a standard for the rest of his mission.  I just can't wait for the miracles we will see together!

I am so grateful for the wonderful zone conference we had.  We had a member of the 70, Elder Timothy Dyches come out.  He is the former mission president of the Portland, Oregon mission!  It was awesome to make the connections we were able to.

Going into the conference, I was doing a lot of reflecting on my mission and I looked back and still look back with a smile.  I have no regrets.  What touched me most was after the zone conference when I thanked Elder Dyches.  He looked at me with a smile and said, "I wish you could have served in the Portland mission!" 

This experience provoked a chain of memories.  The first experience I thought of is when President Teixeira, the Europe area president, came up to me after mission leadership council a few months ago.  He came up to me and talked to me about my ambitions as a missionary and my after mission plans.  He placed his arm on my shoulder and said, "You are doing a great job."

I even had a similar experience during PEC this last weekend.  Branch President Gonda looked down at our progress record and said, "Thank you Elders for your diligent service.  Elder Nelson, I extend a special thanks to you for bringing the change you have to Érd and the missionary work.  You are a wonderful missionary."

I just know the Lord has blessed me so much throughout my time as a missionary.  The reason I have no regrets is because I have held true to myself, God and His commandments since day one.  I have not been perfect, but the Lord sees me and my efforts.  He sees my love for Him and He has blessed me more than I could have even dreamed. 

Elder Zwingli and I finished this last week VERY strong.  We were able to make some huge miracles, finishing the week with FAMILIES at church.  We were just smiling ear to ear due to the plethora of amazing experiences.  I am just so grateful for the mission.  I can't even begin to express how happy I am.  It's rough now because now I have to think about stuff outside of the mission!  Schooling, career and life after the mission.  It is going to be rough jumping back into life, but I know that the Lord is shaping me into the man I need to be through my mission.   

Life is awesome and don't forget to smile everyone!  

Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment