Monday, March 24, 2014

Hungary Week 86

Hey everyone,

This has been one to remember.  I received my new missionary and we kicked off our transfer very strong!  His name is Elder Hall and he is from Boise Idaho.  He is about 6'5 and a HUGE basketball player.  He came out ready to go and we have been working hard since minute one!

The first day and a half was the funniest part of our transfer thus far.  We quickly headed back to the apartment, threw down Elder Halls stuff, planned a few lessons and got to work!  We had around 10 programs in the first day and a half at the end of the day, he said, "I had no idea I was called to Mexico!"  The work is just booming and moving forward at a rapid rate!

By Saturday, we were able to get out and start doing some real tracting.  We were walking down a sunny street and I told Elder Hall to start up one of our tracting approaches.  He looked at me and said that he didn't know what to say.  I just told him, "When in doubt, tell them you are new."  

At the first door we knocked after saying that, an older woman came out and asked what she could help with.  Elder Hall just looked at her with a smirk and mumbled something.  She looked at him in a funny way and he just says, "új vagyok (I'm new)."  She laughed and he just kept it going with questions.  After he finished what he knew to say he looked at me.  I explained who we were and asked if we could come in.  She smiled and invited us in.  

I don't have much time to share, but I am just so grateful for my mission.  I am so grateful to have had seen the miracles I have.  I know there is only more on the way!

Sok szeretettel,

Elder Jake Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment