Monday, March 31, 2014

Hungary Week 87

Hey everyone!

It has been a great week!  We have been able to see so many miracles and we were able to set our first baptismal date together.  We are pushing ourselves as hard as we can and the miracles are coming, one on top of the other!  I am just so grateful to be here right now.

We were able to put an AMAZING man on baptismal date this last week.  His 16 year old daughter was baptized a number of years ago and shortly after her baptism, his wife decided to be baptized!  She was baptized by one of the beloved MTC teachers.

This man was on and off baptismal date for a while, until his wife became sick and later passed away in 2013.  This man seemed to dwindle and distance himself from the church as a result of the experience.

When I was with Elder Zwingli, we had the prompting to call him and he accepted us back into his life.  We were able to talk about temples and the possibility of being sealed to our spouses for eternity.  We challenged him to be baptized and prepare to enter the temple next year to be sealed to his wife and family for time and all eternity.  HE ACCEPTED.  Elder Hall and I were just jumping for joy!

It was a good week!  It has been great to serve with Elder Hall so far.

This week had some hard turns as well though.  We had a number of investigators who are scheduled to be baptized in the next couple weeks not show up to church or read from the Book of Mormon.  We also had to let go of some investigators that have been meeting with the missionaries for YEARS, but are just refusing to make some steps.  It was a great week for teaching, but hard for us to see some of these people not doing their part.  I am sure the Lord has blessings in store for us though!

We are having fun and making the most of our time here as missionaries.  We have seen miracles on miracles and I am just so grateful for all the blessings I have received.  Although the time is flying by super fast, I know that each little experience I have is for my benefit and will be a foundation for my life.  I couldn't be more grateful for my mission.

Have a wonderful week everyone and don't forget to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment